05 May 2009

Cinco de Mayo


For The Soul
Originally uploaded by Kitty LaRoux.

We spent the weekend in Mar del Plata, and on the 5 1/2 hour bus ride there we both caught colds. I spent most of Friday tilting my head awkwardly in an attempt to clear out at least part of one nostril through which to breathe. Saturday we located some psuedoephedrine, which helped matters greatly.

In other news, we left our Spanish school that was in the Centro (a neighbourhood that's more or less Manhattan's midtown--read: crowded, unfun). We now have a private tutor (SofĂ­a) with whom we are both slightly enamoured. The lessons are fun: Yesterday we made up a whole story about a lawyer named "Mauricio" who used to be a hippie, and today we played the Spanish version of "Clue"!

And tonight, in honour of Cinco de Mayo and our waning illnesses, I cooked us up some Chicken Soup with Lime and Avocado.

Finally, I've started running again. Hooray for me! I ran an 8k race two weeks ago and finished in around 47 minutes. I have a few more 10k races lined up, and I've started training regularly with two lovely American expats who will be here to keep me going for at least another month or two.

3 comments:

  1. so impressed you are running! and ... it's 7am here, but i want a bowl of that soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good girl--You always know what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your blog! I am coming to Bs As in a few weeks and looking for a good Spanish teacher. It is pretty hard to figure out what school/teacher is good from out here. Could you put me in touch with Sofia? Thanks!!
    ian DOT dasilva AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete